Certified Nursing Assistant Training
The My Career Advancement Account Scholarship is a workforce development program that provides up to $4,000 of tuition assistance to eligible military spouses. The scholarship helps military spouses pursue licenses, certificates, certifications or associate degrees necessary to gain employment in high demand, high growth portable career fields, and occupations. Spouses may use their My Career Advancement Account Scholarship funds at any academic institution approved for participation in the My Career Advancement Account Scholarship.
Tennessee Health Careers will provide you with an application and pre-entrance exam. The exam consists of basic math, reading comprehension and vocabulary skills, in English. Please call a school representative at (931) 648-2424 to set up a day and time for you to take your pre-entrance exam. The application is available online.
We offer weekday, evening and weekend classes to fit your busy schedules. We understand that many of our students have other responsibilities such as families, full or part time jobs and other forms of education that they need to work around in order to get their CNA certification. We try to be flexible with our schedule in order to work with your schedule rather than against it. All Instructors are approved through the Tennessee Department of Health and have at least 2 years previous experience in nursing home facilities prior to teaching.
CNA 101: The course consists of 60 hours of classroom and 50 hours of clinical. During the classroom portion, you will learn all of the skills necessary to practice safe procedures that will carry you through your career as a nurse aide. This is achieved through interactive games, hands on activities and the use of videos to make learning fun and enhance your experience. As part of our creative teaching style, all tests and quizzes are available on CDs for students who prefer to have them read orally. At any point during the program, should a student desire a tutor we will provide one for an additional fee.
During clinical, you will utilize your new skills through hands on experience with the residents at your training facility.
Tuition, Books & Supplies
$965 [MyCAA pays]
MyCAA Grant Program Course Code: CNA101
$35 [You pay]
$98 [MyCAA pays]
MyCAA grant program – Course Code: CNA SL
Spouses of service members on active duty in pay grades E-1 to E-5, W-1 to W-2, and O-1 to O-2, including spouses married to members of the National Guard and reserve components in these same pay grades.
Those who are not eligible include:
- Spouses married to service members in pay grades E-6 and above; W-3 and above; and O-3 and above
- Spouses who are a member of the armed forces themselves currently on Title 10 orders
- Spouses who are married but legally separated (or under court order or statute of any state or US territory) from a member of the armed forces on Title 10 orders
- Spouses whose National Guard/reserve component military sponsor is in a Warning Orders/Alert, Post-Deployment/Demobilization or Transition Status
- Spouses married to a member of the Coast Guard
The My Career Advancement Account Scholarship pays tuition costs for education and training courses and examinations leading to an associate degree (excluding associate degrees in General Studies, Liberal Arts and Interdisciplinary Studies that do not have a concentration). The scholarship also covers the costs for obtaining a license, certificate or certification at an accredited college, university or technical school in the United States or approved testing organization that expands employment or portable career opportunities for military spouses.
My Career Advancement Account Scholarship will NOT pay for the following:
- Tuition for courses and examinations that are not included in the spouse’s Education and Training Plan and those that have already started or been completed by the spouse.
- Reimbursements of any kind
- Books, supplies, equipment, uniforms, computers and electronic devices of any kind
- Student activities, events and entertainment
- Pre-payment/deposits for future courses, unless costs are part of a block of study
- School or college level entrance examinations, comprehensive exams and related preparatory courses
- Courses, tests or fees normally paid by an employer as part of a job training program.
- Fees of any kind including, but not limited to, registration fees, technology fees, parking fees, etc.
- Non-academic credit or ungraded courses, including courses taken on an audit basis or as an internship, practicum, apprenticeship or clinical supervision; also, non-academic credit or ungraded orientation programs
- Courses taken more than one time unless My Career Advancement Account Scholarship has received a full refund from the school
- Academic credit by examination tests (CLEP)
- General Studies, Liberal Arts, Interdisciplinary Associate’s Degrees that do not have a concentration
- Personal enrichment courses (excluding courses that are academic credit/graded electives in an approved My Career Advancement Account Scholarship Spouse Education and Training Plan)
- Transportation, lodging, child care, and medical services
- Course Extensions (except for approved hardship waivers)
- Study Abroad Programs (excluding programs of study offered by participating My Career Advancement Account Scholarship schools on overseas military installations)
- Private licenses (Example: A private pilot’s license would not be covered because it is for recreational use but a commercial pilot’s license would be covered because it would be used for an occupation)
- High school completion programs, including online high school completion programs
- CEU’s to maintain a standing in a professional organization
Call a Spouse Education & Career Opportunities Career Counselor at 800-342-9647. If a spouse already has an established My Career Advancement Account Scholarship Account, use your Message Box feature as the fastest way to receive information and assistance. Counselors are available Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. EST and Saturday from 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. EST.
We accept Master Card/Visa/Discover, money orders or cashiers checks. (NO cash or personal checks.)
We are also approved for Veterans Training under the GI Bill and MyCAA for military spouses. A receipt will be given when paid in full.
A payment plan is available on a limited basis. A payment of $482.50 needs to be received 10 days prior to the first day of class in order to secure your space. The remaining $482.50 would then be due one week prior to taking the final exam. The final exam will be held until payment has been received.
Contact a representative of Tennessee Health Careers at 931-648-2424 for more details.
Class Sizes: 12 spaces per class
To be enrolled in the class of your choice, we recommend registering as soon as possible.
If you need help with enrollment or registration please call us at 931-648-2424.
All classes will be held at 1885B Fort Campbell Blvd. in Clarksville.
Please check back often as classes are added regularly.
|Program Length||Start Date||End Date||Class Days||Class Times||Clincal Site||Enrollment|
|4 weeks||October 8, 2018||October 31, 2018||Mon, Tues, Thu , Fri ( One Wednesday)||
|7 weeks||October 20, 2018||December 9, 2018||Sat/Sun||
|4 weeks THANKSGIVING BREAK 11/19 THRU 11/26/18||November 5, 2018||December 7, 2018||Mon, Tu, Th, FRI||
8a-3p for class & 7a-3p for clinical
WAIT LIST APPLICANTS
Applicants wishing to be placed on the waiting list must still submit an application and pre-test. It is not uncommon for an applicant on the waiting list to be called in for a space prior to class starting; therefore, we require each applicant on the waiting list to make their deposit as well.